Monday, September 1, 2008

Sleepless nights

I hope I'm not the only one who has been having sleepless nights over this. I am now on my fourth idea for my neighbourhood. Firstly it was going to be all Prairie Schooler, and then a street of houses made up of my favourite designers, then the third idea was all Blackbird Designs, but yesterday I finally made up my mind :o)) As I live in the UK, my neighbourhood is going to have a typically English theme to it, with thatched cottages and Oast houses, definitely a red pillar box and an assortment of British wildlife here and there.

I'm really having trouble finding designers who have charted shops, as I would like to have a needlework or quilt shop and also a tea room, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful. Looking forward to seeing more plans as they emerge.

6 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

That is my problem too - finding houses that look English as my village will devinitely have to be an English one.

Anonymous said...

Depending on the size of your other houses you might want to check out Country Cottage Needleworks. http://www.countrycottageneedleworks.com/
She has a tea cottage and a needlework shop.
Kathy

Joke said...

Don't have sleepless nights, but in my dreams I am building, I really wake up and my head is full of houses, mansions, parks and charts LOL

Maggitle said...

:))) I think we all feel the same. I cannot think about anything else but houses, houses... day and night.
Margit

Sandra said...

Kathy, thanks for pointing me in the direction of Country Cottage Needleworks, although they are not quite what I have in mind for my village. Helen, I have found that Mary Hickmott (new Stitches magazine) and Needlepoise have some lovely English cottages, but I am still looking for a suitable church and of course my shops.

Teri said...

Too funny. I'm already dreaming about the possibilities as well!