Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Engineer's Drawings Are About to Begin

After much looking around and contemplations, I have decided not to go with the Prairie Schooler theme I originally thought of. Instead I am going for a whole lot of designs from different samplers and have a sort of antique type of theme. I have selected designs from CHS, Blackbird Designs, Hillside Samplings, Birds of A Feather, The Drawn Thread, Plum Street Samplers and Hesters Needle to name a few.

My plan is to use the houses from these designs and then use motifs from them to fill in the gaps. I also have some wonderful sayings to fill in some of the gaps as well. I have ordered all the designs that I still need this morning, so the engineer's drawings can begin very soon.

I have also decided to use either a 36ct or 40ct linen that I plan to tea/coffee dye for that antique kind of look (I can't get any colour other than white from my LNS). The choice of thread is going to be DMC as this is going to be the easiest selection which is readily available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea! I don't have many patterns so I am searching the web to see what is out there. I am hoping not to be overwhelmed with all the possibilities. Happy Stitcing!