Thursday, September 4, 2008

Can't wait to get started!

Hi everybody and a special thanks to Vonna for setting this up and accepting me - so glad I made it in just in the nick of time! I'm Jeanne from Scottsdale Arizona - I've been stitching about 30 years I guess. I am married, work full-time as a project manager,have no kids but 2 dogs, and I'm a quilter as well. If I had time I'd love to stitch several neighborhoods with different themes as there are so many possibilities. I started my own neighborhood over a year ago when the RR's were getting so popular but it hasn't been worked on in over a year and there's not much done. Although tempted to start a whole new neighborhood, I'm going to be good - I'll pick up my piece after 12/31 and get started again. I don't have a specific theme other than sort of "primitive/country style" - lots of Prairie Schooler, Blackbird Designs, LHN, etc. I have not planned the whole design out but basted the fabric into 9 100X100 blocks. The next 3 months will give me time to do some more designing. I have a whole notebook of patterns I had pulled together plus many pictures I've saved of other RR's. This is going to be so much fun and I look forward to seeing what all the rest of you do.

No comments: