Monday, January 5, 2009

Vonna's Dear Diary Towne....

I had a slight change of my plans. I was intending to do a "Liberty Towne" and I will still do that...at some point - but first I wanted to finish my plans that I made in 2007 for stitching my Dear Diary Towne. So here is the way I left it early Jan. 2008: And here it is today - Jan. 5, 2009:


This is Abigail Winslow's pattern from LHN. My "loose" plans are that the Beatitude Squares will be around the outside of the towne with a floral border connecting them. We'll see what emerges as I stitch it along! How's that for plans? I had a few problems with the ship builders here in Boston...they left the job half done because they had New Year's Eve Plans...its sure is hard to find good help and they complained about having to wear period clothing - they said it was stiff. But I wanted to make sure that flavor of Boston 1776 was maintained as we built Abigail's Home...
Until I stitch again, which should be this week sometime....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your border idea. Looks like you made some good progress in this. You may have to dock the shipbuilders pay though:) Leaving work earily...shame on them. LOL

Teri said...

I see a little bit of "liberty" in this piece as well! I wonder how many different MMIRR neighborhoods we'll all have planned before we're done?! I know I'm looking forward to seeing *both* of yours.

Anonymous said...

Vonna - I really like what you're doing here - I'm thinking of doing something similar for my RR - I'm a little late getting started, I know, but I've been tossing up in my mind what I want to do with this!