Friday, January 23, 2009

I haven't even broken ground yet

I have my property. A huge piece of land - 28ct dove gray monaco. Originally I was going to subdivide, half a very structured Victorian Winter Village and the other half a whimsical North Pole Village. But as my plans matured, I'm staying with the one property and doing a North Pole Village

I'm using Dept 56 designs. I found 3 other books that came out at the same time of my North Pole series. New England Village, Dickens Village and Christmas in the City. From these I'm choosing and adapting for the following:

Macy's - for Thanksgiving, Miracle on 34th St.
Columbia Inn - White Christmas
Holiday Inn - Holiday Inn
Tobacco Shop - Bing Crosby, Holiday Inn
WWII Army Surplus Store - White Christmas
Woolworth - for Rudolph
Newspaper office for Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus
Radio Station for all the Christmas Music
Airport for Bob Hope
Santa's Bureau of Investigation - got that one for NORAD's website
Cladder Wood Company - The Santa Clause
Silver and Gold Jewelry Shoppe for Rudolph
Doll Store - Once Upon a Christmas and Twice Upon a Christmas, the Christmas Gift
Post Office - for all the letters
Large Mail box - The Christmas List
Muppet Theater - for all the Muppet Christmas specials
Hat Shoppe - Call Me Claus, the Christmas List
Bud's Buzy Bee Taxi Cab - The Christmas Gift
Alpine Movie Theater - for all the movies
Dance Hall - Holiday Inn, White Christmas, Mrs. Claus, Nutcracter Suite, Babes in Toyland.
Main St called Avenue A - Mrs. Santa Claus
Clock Tower for North Pole/countdown Clock - How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Mirror Shop for Snow and Snow 2
Cane shop for walking canes - Miracle on 34th St
Bell Shoppe for - Its a Wonderful Life

I haven't found a castle yet.

I'm hoping to put in the first building by the end of the month.
Keli

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow Kelli it sounds wintery-wonderful! I love what you have planned and love the Dept 56 designs. Can't wait to see it start to grow. You might want to check Dragon Dreams patterns for castles -they have several that are beautiful.

SAL members said...

Thanks Jeanne, I was watching Christmas movies, old and new, and thought how wonderful my village would be if I could connect it to things that I love about Christmas. Once started this will be a several year project of love.

I'll check out Dragon Dreams. Thanks again.

Stitchingranny said...

This sounds like great fun I will look forward to seeing it progress.